Subject: Re: [Leica] The work of other photographers
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 19:21:59 +0200

From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 1999 16:45
Subject: [Leica] The work of other photographers

> This was the line that generated my response, as I know
> so few photographers who share this sentiment.

Perhaps, but I'm not optimistic in my own case.  While looking at other photos
certainly gives me ideas and information about composition and the like, it's a
big step to go from seeing something and liking it to reproducing that same
something in a photo oneself (short of trying to blatantly and shamelessly copy
exactly the same shot, of course).

Most of the time, when I look at the work of good photographers, it just reminds
me of how rotten my own work is.

I need to get one of those Leica Promakesit lenses--you know, the one that turns
you from a talent-free amateur into an award-winning professional as soon as you
mount it on the camera?  Nobody seems to have them in stock.

  -- Anthony