Subject: RE: [Leica] Focomat/Focotar Q cont'd
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 11:45:15 +0100

Johnny,
as you've noted, you want the result to look expensive, don't think an old
lens will provide much other than lower contrast and less resolution. As
you note, in the negative process (picture taking) diffusion bleeds the
whites whereas during the positive process (enlarging) diffusion bleeds the
blacks.
I'd suggest the old trick of stockings in the darkroom, (at least no one
can see you using them...) under the lens, just like your mg filters.
Stretch a small piece across a makeshift holder and see what that brings to
your pictures, it's certainly going to be cheaper than an old lens.

Jem