Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and Hasselblad
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 12:41:38 -0700

InfinityDT@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/7/99 2:39:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> mrabiner@concentric.net writes:
>
> << InfinityDT@aol.com wrote:
>  <snip> could easily be used handheld...something that can't be
>  > said for the Blad or the RB.
>
>  A Blad is a 3.25 inch cube. Half the size of a stupid Rb and twice as
> elegant.
>  On several occasions I've walked around with one in a small bag all day.
>  An 80 mm lens and a folding finder. Meter-crank. Handy dandy.
>  Often seen in the hands of underage undernourished overnicotined fashion
> models.
>  Mark Rabiner
>
>   >>

> The problem handholding the Blad isn't the size or weight, it's the KA-THUNK.
>  Fine with flash.  In ambient light I can't get acceptibly sharp handheld
> images from the Blad even at 1/500.  In contrast I can handhold my Rollei TLR
> down to 1/60.  The Horseman is good to about 1/125 (1/250 with the 150 and
> 180 lenses).  In point of fact, though, my images from the M6 often surpass
> the MF images because I can open the lens wider and still get decent DOF and
> the lenses perform superbly at those apertures, allowing me to shoot handheld
> at 1/250-1/500 with any lens.  I did notice after my last trip with the M6
> that shots with the Table Tripod braced against anything solid showed a
> marked improvement over handheld no matter what the shutter speed.  The tiny
> print on signs was always sharper.

On the right side of the camera under the winder crank the third finger on my
left hand that cradles the camera is up against a little slide button switch.
Push up and KERCHUNK everything is pre popped. Now hit the shutter and click.
Quiet as a Rolleiflex perhaps. A two step process but mindless. I do it all the
time hand held. Shooting "blind" has never bothered me.
Mark Rabiner