Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M7 .72 - aftermath
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 06:44:24 +0000

Friends

Here's how I view the whole hoax:

1. Toshihito Ozaki is not likely to be a real name.  This person just likes
to use any other names - real or fictitious.

2. This person gets a kick out of stirring people up and loves to watch the
emotions, reactions and fights that result from his actions.  The more
reaction, the more satisfied he feels about himself.  Pranksters are like
that.
You might like to call them "e-arsonists" - creators of e-flames.

3. If the LUG fixes him up, it will merely give him the satisfaction of
gaining a lot of attention for very little expense to himself.  He will
merely disappear for a while and then resurfaces again under another email
name.  I am not surprised if I am told that he has been doing the same with
other user groups as well.

4. The best thing to do is to ignore such posts.  There was adequate
attempts to check out the validity of such statements which was ultimately
found to be untrue.

5. As I see it, only Tom A. appeared to have been (ab)used but not
maligned.  But Tom A.'s email address is well known to all of us and this
hoax should have been immediately obvious at the outstart. Let this be a
lesson to us fine folks at the LUG to check through every shred of new
information and immediately alert the rest to the possibility of a hoax.
By acting collectively and in cooperation, we are in a position to prevent
further pranks like this.

Leically

Dan K.
      'Promises are not meant to be broken....some people just fail to see the
                    importance of keeping them'