Subject: Re: [Leica] R4 and 35-70
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 21:55:07 -0500

Robbe,
If the zoom is the f/3.5, there are two versions of it.  The first one was
made by Minolta and the second was made in Solms beginning in 1988.  The
Minolta version has an E60 filter and the Solms version has an E67 filter.

The optical formula is the same between the two versions but the lens mount
was completely redesigned by Solms to be more convenient and to reduce
vignetting w/using filters.

The German version is generally much more expensive on the used market.

Bud