Subject: Re: [Leica] I'm back and covered with #$%^#
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 20:25:23 -0500

At 06:53 PM 8/28/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Uh, though you're quite welcome back,  Eric, please don't fill us in.   :-)
>We missed you but it's amazing how fast the void you left (you - the
>one with the most posts !)

Don't worry. I'm going to slow down (after getting you all caught up.)

Tonight, let it suffice to say I had quite an interesting day. Can't
compare with Ted's cow crap story, but... :-)

I went to the local college to shoot a football game. My last assignment on
my last day on the job. (Long story, more to come if you all
are  interested, but it's not much fun to recite).

Anyway, I don't yet have a photojournalism job lined up, but some
interviews coming and a fall-back job to take if things don't go my way.
But I was pretty much offered a job at the college to become their
full-time photographer today out of the blue. They have never had the
position, but a bunch of the staff started conspiring when they heard I was
leaving and looks like I could be given a job to shoot, and to teach
photojournalism and art photography. Looks like I could be busy if I
accept! (Don't know how much they want to pay!)

Anyway, I'm thinking as I'm going down to the football field that maybe
after all the horrible things that have happened to me the past eight
months things might just be going my way. (I've been saying if I had a dog
he'd bite me recently.) And just as I'm turning the corner in the stadium a
girl pukes on me.

Guess I'm not at the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow just yet! :-)

(I did get some good pictures anyway!)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

In my photography, color and composition are inseparable. I see in color.
- -William Albert Allard, "The Photographic Essay"