Subject: [Leica] Visit to London
From: "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 01:25:43 +0100

> Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 04:09:36 EDT
> From: Gwpics@aol.com
> Subject: [Leica] M6 User @ London
>
> You can pick up used M6's from around the £900 mark but they are few and
far
> between - as a friend of mine puts it "As rare as rocking horse
droppings".
> If it is of any use I will keep my eyes open and put your father in touch
> with a couple of dealers when he gets here.
>
> Gerry (UK)

I would tend to agree with Nathan Wajsman on UK prices, about the same in
GBP as USD so probably not worth buying in UK if you have the choice.

There is an M6 demo in a dealer close to me with a Summicron 50mm lens for
1500 GBP.
Its worth shopping around, I just bought a 1982 R28 2.8 for 350GBP in nearly
mint condition from Jessops, theres another dealer about a mile away with
the same lens in tatty condition for 700 GBP, unless I missed something on
the spec!

If anyone is visiting London its worth having a walk around Portobello Rd
market in North Kensington, loads of photo opportunities, street
performers/v cosmopolitan crowds, and I've even seen old M bodies for sale.

Incidentally Jessops in the UK  have a dedicated phone line for tracking
used equipment at any of their numerous UK stores, if they have the item you
want they can usually get it to your nearest dealer within a couple of days,
they also have a deal on R equipment atm, 20% off used prices.

Regards

Jason Hall
Birmingham, UK

Gerry, did he really say droppings?