Subject: [Leica] Opinions needed 400 f5 lens
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 09:49:40 -0400

On Saturday, July 24 1999, Dan S wrote:

 Has anyone used the 400 F5 lens?  I see it for sale locally for very small

bucks, and if it is any good I may go for it.
<<<

I have not used it but I have heard that it's an excellent lens.  When I
looked at one many years ago I was impressed by the build quality.  One of
the pioneering wildlife photographers in the U.S., Fred Truslow, used this
lens at the urging of National Geographic and his photos had enviable image
quality.  It was state-of-the-art at the time.  How it compares with more
recent glass I can't say.

Doug Herr
Sacramento