Subject: [Leica] Leica's woes
From: "Hoyen ~simontart~" <simontart@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:12:21 EDT

In light of the recent discussions on the LUG regarding screwed-up R8s and
the incompetence of Solms, I thought I would mention my own problem.  I just
got an R6.2 in March.  It had signs of use right out of the box (faint but
unmistakable tripod marks on the bottom, signs of motor-drive/winder use in
engagement sprocket), but I needed a camera to use immediately and my dealer
had special-ordered this one for me, so I didn't complain about it.  Well,
exactly 2 weeks after I bought it, one of the mirror hinges broke during a
job, and I sent it in to Leica USA in May.  I also sent a letter to Brenda
Olesin detailing what happened and what I wanted done (I was so angry that I
wanted a full refund or a replacement camera).  Here is her reply, with [my
own comments] thrown in:

- ----Original Message Follows----