Subject: [Leica] 11817 & MLU Performance
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 15:55:54 -0400

- -------------------- Begin Original Message --------------------

Message text written by INTERNET:leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

"The results were
astonishing, in many cases DOUBLING or better the performance (as
measured by resolution) of the telephoto lens used at middle to low
shutter speeds. All shots were made using various tripods. This blew me
away, as it savagely indicted any handheld telephoto work using ANY
maker's long glass, at least at anything below 1/1000th (Erwin was
right!, again). These results have been under discussed by the LUG.
Comments?"

No question I get much better resolution/contrast when I use my Telyts on a
tripod vs. hand-held.  The shoulder stock makes up much of the difference;
I'd like to see some careful comparisons of shoulder stock vs. tripod.

Also no question the *content* of my photos is more interesting when using
shoulder stock vs. tripod.

Doug Herr
Sacramento