Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux, Rapid winder, and Basketball
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 22:33:11 -0400

There are more to come.  Today I did not use the Noctilux, but the 75mm
Summilux instead as I wanted tighter framing.  I just souped five rolls of
the Ektachrome E200 and they are in the process of drying.  Three at least
were taken with the M6 using the 75mm Summilux and the 35mm Summicron ASPH,
with the other two done with the R6, 90mm Summicron and motor.  I also
tried an M3 and 90mm Elamarit for some closer net shots, but only managed
about ten frames that way.  I will finish that film and develop it later.

This morning before going to the games, I made an 11x16 print of the
picture posted on my Noctilux page using my Epson Printer and Polaroid.  I
gave it to the media liason, who was very impressed with it.  He then took
me to meet the teams PR person, who was also very impressed with it.
Everybody that saw it was quite impressed.  I gave it to the parents of
number 42 and suggested I make them a proper Ciabachrome print of it.

As a result of bringing the print in, I was set up to shoot the Alberta
team that was in the final.  I agreed upon a price with the person who
looks after the schools PR.  They lost to the other team which happened to
be the team from Halifax, St Mary's Huskies.  It will be interesting if I
get paid, since I think they were hoping they would win and get the team
picture and trophy shots.  I did however get the action shots of the
specific players that they wanted for their publication.

Regards,

Robert