Subject: Re: [Leica] Macro Ring Flash for APO 100 Macro and R8
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 16:42:02 +0000

Joseph,

I use the DX-12R with the 100 apo.  You're right, there isn't a Leica module for Sunpak flashes.  However, you can take advantage of the flash meter in the R8.  Step one is to set the flash to either auto or manual, then trigger the flash with your depth of field lever;  second step is to look at the flash meter's reading and adjust your camera's settings; third step is to take the photograph with your corrected settings.

It's really not much of an effort to setup, especially if you intend to shoot multiple photographs from approximately the same distance.

John