Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 shutter problems - light leakage
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 12:01:04 +0100

>> "Gerry Walden" <photos@gerrywalden.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

     > I have just started experiencing what I am told is light leakage around
     > the shutter blinds of my M6 (about 10 yrs old).  I have noticed it on a
     > few negatives (about 2 or 3 per film) particularly when there is a
     > highlight at the frame edge and when the lens is being used wide open
     > and at a slow shutter speed (i.e. in lowish light situations such as
     > 1/30 @ f2).  It manifests itself with the highlight "spreading" into
     > the film rebate.

Gerry,
although I don't know what the 'film rebate' is (my English is too poor) it
might be the following:

The shutter curtains have a break that prevents them from jumping back after
they have been released. On my M6 (8 years old) this is one of the recommended
things to fix when I sent the camera in for some adjustment.
Cost: approximately DM 300,--

Hope this helps

christoph