Subject: Re: [Leica] Macro 60 Optics
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 22:22:46 -0500

On  Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Pascal wrote:

<BIG SNIP>
>As for the Macro-Elmarit-R 60/2.8, it is a terrific lens IMO. But I have
>used the Nikkor AI-S 55/2.8 also and would find it hard to distinguish
>between them.
<ANOTHER BIG SNIP>

I've used both lenses too and the Nikkor's an excellent lens but the
Macro-Elmarit-R produces the slides/chromes/transparencies that make me
swoon.

Mechanically the Nikkor's no match for the smooth action of the
Macro-Elmarit-R's focus and aperture controls, OTOH the Nikkor's never
broken and my Macro-Elmarit-R is now in the shop for it's 2nd helix
replacement.  Maybe 'cuz I use it more??

Doug Herr :-(
Sacramento