Subject: Re: [Leica] MR-4 meter problems....
From: Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 19:57:32 -0800

Bob Keene/Karen Shehade wrote:

> Well, THAT didn't take long.....!
> I've had my M4-P and MR-4 meter for about 2 and a half weeks- LOVE the
> camera, and the meter is quite accurate- when it works!
> For some reason it will not operate when on the camera. I need to take it
> off the camera, fiddle with the battery compartment door (which I have now
> broken!! It stays on, but BALLS!!!) and then it will operate for awhile,
> and if I leave it alone for awhile, it seems to stop working. Almost seems
> like the battery isn't sitting properly... I don't know!
> Any advice as to where to send a quirky meter? How much does a CLA (and new
> battery door) cost for a MR-4; if people do these at all......
> sigh.....
>
> Bob Keene
> "nobody's pal" for today!

I had a broken door on an MR and wrote Leica USA asking if I could buy a
replacement. They sent one free.  Remove the accessory shoe to install,
its easy.

You might try fixing the door and see if that is the problem, could have
been causing intermittent contact.  Otherwise try a good meter repair
person.

Dennis