Subject: [Leica] Re: [weird crap
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 00:58:52 -0800

>In a message dated 1/11/99 1:04:51 AM, you wrote:
>
><< Do any of you own and use, as "personal" gear (probably non-
>
>> professionally) any truly wierd crap?

Most of my weird crap I sold years ago, but from my present inventory:

My Leica Hologon still gets regular use, as it is small enough to go places
(architectural models) that my Nikons with 15mm lens will never fit. The
weird part is the low grade center filter that came with it, which does not
have a smooth transition from the grey to the clear. Thank goodness my LF
Center filters don't have that problem.

I also use the Leica bulk film winder to load film in the dark. I don't
like those fogged frames at the end from daylight loaders.

I use the perspective correction contraption for my Ic enlarger.

I sometimes use a Yashica hot shoe doubler to use a flash and my 21 finder
on my M6's.

But I haven't used my Eldia printer in years!!  Honest!!

I use a Canon 35 T/S on a Konica because it meters better and is more
convenient than on a Canon. I also use the Nikon PC lenses on the Konicas
for the same reason. No downside for my useage. The Canon 24 TS/E is
unfortunately not readily adaptable, so stays on a Canon EOS body.

Sometimes if my photofinisher gives me a hard time I'll shoot a roll
through my original Autoreflex, alternating half and full frame. Not on
important shots of course, as the roll rarely comes back with all frames
intact.

I use a Pentax fisheye (old 17mm screw thread) on my M's with a 22232
adapter and a doorway peephole finder epoxied into a shoe and masked to
show me what I'm getting.

I use a Tamron 70-150/2.8 variable soft focus lens on a couple of different
systems. A great lens!

I use some old 8mm Schneider and Kern movie lenses reversed on various old
Kilfit variiable extension tubes, Canon extension tubes and Pentax variable
extension tubes for macro work in the region of 4:1 to 20:1.

I'm sure I forgot something.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com