Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica SLR hand hold, was: Leica M2 question
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 20:59:43 -0800

>>With dead batteries in an SL (or M6) I can bracket exposures; with dead
>>batteries in an R8 I can anchor a boat.

Eric Welch responed to the above:

>As the boy scouts say, be prepared. More precision with a tiny bit of
>preparation, and minuscule extra weight to carry. Not a problem for me.>>>>

Hi Eric,

you betcha! Ayone who in the photo world of today uses any camera requiring
batteries and doesn't carry a spare set must be some kind of an idiot!

Sure it would be great to have mechanical manual ability in every camera
also run by batteries, but that isn't the way it is.  Besides most
photographers .......  notice I didn't say "all photographers" rely on
batteries for some function of their cameras.

As wonderful a camera as the M6 and as many thousands of times I've
guesstimated exposures I'd much rather have a meter working in the
camera....ergo I carry a spare set of batteries for every type required for
any electronic item I use.

Simply because if batteries are going to die, they are going to die 1000
miles from the nearest battery store! It's murphies law!!!!!!!!!

Besides like you say, be a good Boy Scout..... "Be prepared!"

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant