Subject: Re: [Leica] New, kind, gentle, non offensive, P.C. subject
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 02:19:34 +0000

At 08:44 PM 1/11/99 -0500, you wrote:
>On Mon, 11 Jan 1999,  Andre Jean Quintal wrote:
>
>>Doesn't ANYBODY own a Kodak Retina or Retinette ?
>>Always wondered how they performed and were like
>>in real life use.>>AJQ
>
>About 20 years ago I used my mom's folding Retina.  I think it had an f/3.5
>Schneider Xenar, scale focus, guesstimated exposure.  Very crisp chromes,
>like the image was engraved on the film, and a very handy size.
>She gave it away some years ago :-(.
>Doug Herr
>Sacramento

I've got a Retina IIc with a 2.8 Xenon that should be pretty good, but I
never got around to using it beyond that first film. But it is sitting
there, with its hood and several filters, waiting for me to pick it up. Too
many nice old cameras... It is fiddly to use compared to a Leica though-
the EVS lock is a bit of a fumble if you just want to open up half a stop,
they didn't make it easy, you have to wrestle with it a bit. I should take
some pictures with it, or swap it for a IIa with an f2 lens.

Joe Berenbaum