Subject: [Leica] Re: retina or retinette
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 19:59:15 EST

<<From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>

Subject: Re: [Leica] New, kind, gentle, non offensive, P.C. subject

Doesn't ANYBODY own a Kodak Retina or Retinette ?

Always wondered how they performed and were like

in real life use.

AJQ

Well, a Kodak Retina III-c was my favorite family snap shooter for a number of
years and would still be but the wind mechanism which uses a funky worm gear
went flooey. I can highly recommend the lens on it -- or the II c or other
similar models, which use the Zenon lens. An absolutely marvelous lens, lovely
"rounding and depth effect, very sharp, lovely color renditions. I liked the
pictures better than Leica pictures, to be honest. You get similar results
with the older Rolleiflexes, by the way.
cTrentelman
Ogden UT