Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarger Question
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 22:08:00 +0100

Alan <prasepe@ibm.net> writes:

     > Fellow LUGgers, This question is somewhat off-topic, but not really
     > since we all want prints from our Leica negs to look as good as
     > possible...right? Do you use glass or glassless neg carriers? If glass,
     > is it normal glass or anti-newton ring glass? TIA for your help.

Alan,
I use a V35 (thus bringing the thread on topic) with its standard
carrier. That is a half anti newton glass carrier, i.e. the anti newton glass
is only above the negative not below.

I have tried to prove the necessity of refocusing the inner parts of the
negative vs. the outer zones - and failed.

In addition the Lens is said to be best at f5.6 thus enhancing depth of field
a bit.

I dont have problems with cleaning it. I use a vacuum cleaner if it is
necessary to clean the negs: I just hold it near with its soft brush attached
(the latter just in case the negs might touch it) and brush with a camel hair
brush particles from the neg.

Thus I don't see any reason to change this setup. A fact which might be
described with one word: perfect!

christoph