Subject: RE: [Leica] [Leica} standards, Doisneau, Summicron performance
From: Jeffrey Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 10:13:53 -0500

> >HCB influenced his subjects to behave in
> >        a way that suited his imaging purposes. He did it subtle, but he
> did
> >it anyway. If you look carefully at some
> >        of his pictures, you have to admit that they are on the brink of
> being
> >posed.
>
> That is totally false. There is no call for making such an accusation. He
> has denied such action, and it calls into question his whole life's work.
> Name one single picture that you say is posed, besides the portraits which
> are often, but not always, legitimately posed.

	I could be wrong about this, but I remember H.C.-B. writing that he
posed the photograph of a man with his arms crossed over his bare chest
juxtaposed next to a pair of high-heeled shoes in a cabinet, which shoes,
sole to sole,  formed a heart shape.  The picture was, I believe, taken
during his first trip to Mexico.

		Buzz Hausner