Subject: [Leica] New, kind, gentle, non offensive, P.C. subject
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 20:04:55 -0600 (CST)

Since the hostile discussions are getting boring,  Though
I'd start a new thread:
Do all of you use UV filters for lens protection?  Hoya,
Tiffen, Spiratone?

Just kidding,
Walt

Seriously, it's obvious by now that most of us use some
Leica M, in addition to an SLR for macro/long lens work.
Some use Leica R, some Nikon, some Canon......DON't want
to hear that BS again....BUT:

Do any of you own and use, as "personal" gear (probably non-
professionally) any truly wierd crap?  Alpa anyone?  Contarex
Super/Professional?  "real" Exactas? Even wierder? lets limit
it to 35mm.....

I've used RFDR Nikon/contax -- pretty "mainstream" -- BUT I've
also owned (father-in-law has it borrowed) AND used a Prominent...
and a Contaflex super B......and a Super Ikonta (oops, blew it,
that was 120!! but small)

Always wanted an Alpa 6c -10d series, with 50 and 100 switars....
now bring on the white coats that tie in the back.........

Or a Contarex (not that BUTT-UGLY bullseye) and 50 planar/100 Sonnar....

What ya say?

Walt