Subject: Re: [Leica] Back to the drawing----
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 21:08:57 -0400

Francois:

I think a lot of this service quality problem lies with the distributor.
Each country has a distributor for Leica products, and as part of that
priviledge they are to service and support the product.  If Alistairs
distributor did not replace his R8, Leica is not to blame. The distributor
probably took the stance that he would not replace it unless he was sure
leica would compensate them.  Leica may have this type of thing built into
the distributors contract, but the distributor does not want to spend the
money on Allistair.

Regards,

Robert