Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V6 #5
From: Alexander <mediadyne@hol.gr>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 01:24:19 +0200

- --------------913D8D6003F2B95585FC748D

Hello and thank you all for the responses! It seems like I had a great little camera
sitting in my closet for 15 years! I'll definately have a go with it this week, and I'll
let you know how it all went.

> > I would like to point out that I can hand hold my SL/SL-2's at much
> > lower shutter speeds than the Ft, Ftn, F2 and F3's that I owned.
> > The crank arm control of the mirror, smooth shutter release and mass
> > of the camera make for pretty amazing slow speed results.
>
> > I doubt that the later R bodies or any other SLR's can match Leicaflexes
> > in this regard.  Leicaflexes are the M2/M3's of SLR's :-)

I have used SL2s many times, and they are wonderful cameras. However, believe it or not, I
can hand hold a shot at 1/30 with my R8 and a 180mm without any problems. The camera is
perfectly balanced, and with a little experience you can reach great stability at low
speeds.
If you want, I can put up some shots taken handhel with my R8, razor sharp. I couldn't do
the same withe the R4S nor the R7.
- --
Regards,
Alexander

http://www.mediadyne.gr/photos

- --------------913D8D6003F2B95585FC748D

Hello and thank you all for the responses! It seems like I had a great
little camera sitting in my closet for 15 years! I'll definately have a
go with it this week, and I'll let you know how it all went.
<pre>> I would like to point out that I can hand hold my SL/SL-2's at much
> lower shutter speeds than the Ft, Ftn, F2 and F3's that I owned.&nbsp;&nbsp;
> The crank arm control of the mirror, smooth shutter release and mass&nbsp;
> of the camera make for pretty amazing slow speed results.

> I doubt that the later R bodies or any other SLR's can match Leicaflexes
> in this regard.&nbsp; Leicaflexes are the M2/M3's of SLR's :-)
</pre>