Subject: Re: [Leica] Chalk and Charcoal in HC110
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 16:51:13 EST

Dan, Metal tanks are fine with the Beutler. I use both types, although I
mostly stick to my Paterson tanks and reels.
The Beutler with the pot. Iodide is great. I have been using it lately on a
slow Neopan F film. 32 ASA and it looks like the good old panatomic X, only
with more mid tones. The speed limits my shooting here, we are in the winter
'blah"s and the sun is not showing up very often. all right, I have been using
the Noctilux with the 32 ASA, but occasionally I would like some more depth of
field. Landscapes with 6" of depth of field are not that great!
 The Beutler works well with the Tmax 100, the only way I like that film. 1
part A, 1 part B, 8 parts of water and run it for 9 minutes at 68-70 F.
Agitate every 60 sec.
All the best,
Tom A