Subject: [Leica] Polar Bears - off topic but so is everything else I've seen lately
From: "Gary D. Whalen" <whalen@whalentennis.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 16:04:03 -0500

 Hey Guys (Ladies),

    I'm planning on taking all of my Leica R "stuff" on a trip to Churchill
this year.  Anyone else been there? Have any info?

    I'm really looking forward to it as I've shot Black and Brown Bears so now
it is my turn to go after the "Big White Ones".

    Plan on taking my 19 f2.8,  28 f2.8,  100 f2,8 macro, 70-180 and 280 f4.
This should about do it.  However, I need a little help on film choice.  I
shoot 90% Velvia and 10% experimental (all types) but on this trip I was told
to take Ektachrome 200.  Anyone used this stuff?   Also, I plan on taking some
Provia and maybe some Astia.  Any tips would be helpful as there will be only
bright white snow and white bears.

    Thanks in advance.

    By the way, I think some of you guys drink too much!!!   Just kidding so
don't blast me.

   Gary