Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Noctilux as a GP lens
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 21:19:25 -0700

Walter S Delesandri wrote:

> Bravo, Jim ... my thoughts exactly.
> Using a Noctilux at smaller than f1.0   >OR< using it with slower
snip
I feel like an idiot using it at the park at
> f11.  I miss getting the same (photographic) result with my exc.
> 90 elmar-M that I sold.  It would fit in a pant's pocket, even on
> my fat ass.

You are the first person in this Noctilux thread to mention size.
For every creature of the night buying these huge monsters who
desperately need that extra stop to shoot junkies shooting up in dark
alleys or black cats in the coal mine at midnight I'll show you ten guys
whose feeling of inadequacy up front are being made up for by the fat
wallet in the back. These are the guys, people I should say but this is
a little be of a male thing, that are out at high noon with their Mt.
Palamar's. (75 1.4 included)... So their glass can be seen.
A commitment to low light photography to me would indicate a 35 1.4
ASPH, this is a lens you can move around and shoot with in any
situation, I understand HCB's wife uses it and only it.