Subject: [Leica] Re: How to survive agonizing weekend waiting for new Noctilux?
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 15:48:23 -0800

Well... you may call her a "meddling girlfriend", but it's not too
difficult to see what is happening. She has skillfully learned what she has
to do to OWN you forever. You think you are getting a Noctilux with "no
strings attached"... silly you. There is NO SUCH THING! Instead of worrying
about what to do BEFORE the lens arrives, you might start worrying about
how you are going to be able to escape her clutches long enough to actually
use the lens. Look at the following scenario:

Lens arrives.
Big hug and kiss,,, "thank you honey"
Spring arrives.
Summer arrives.
Fall arrives.
"I have to come up for air sometime" you are thinking... but a Noctilux is
worth a LOT of honey-do time.
So prepare during the wait time. Have a plan. Like, " This very expensive
film is almost outdated. I have to use it now, or I'll have to throw it
away and buy more. And you wouldn't want me to waste money..."

:-)

Jim