Subject: [Leica] Polaroid SprintScan results (correction)
From: pieter@world.std.com (Pieter Bras)
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 15:06:45 -0500

In my earlier comments about the appearance of a scan made by a Polaroid
SprintScan scanner, I had mistakenly identified the model as the
SprintScan 35+.  That was incorrect.  The scanner actually used was the
Polaroid SprintScan 45, which can handle originals all the way up to 4x5
inches, is marketed as a "pro" product, and costs several times as much
as the 35+ (which handles 35mm originals only).  Detailed specs for
these scanners are available at http://www.polaroid.com.

Also, I gave an incorrect address for the 1.7-MB JPEG file.
The correct URL is:

  ftp://ftp.std.com/pub/pieter/sun.jpg

My apologies if I've led anyone astray.

The conclusion remains the same:  I'd rather spend my hard-earned
kilobucks on Leica glass than on mediocre digital hardware (with crap
optics) that will be flea-market goods in a couple of years.

- --
Pieter Bras