Subject: Re: [Leica] Silver Oxide Batteries (wasLeicaflex SL)
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 13:53:35 -0500

Alan-
I have always understoofdthat if the meter uses a Wheatsone type bridge
circuit that the batery powers two sides of a circuit- the measuring side
with a cell of varying resistance and a static side- these meters work over
a fairly wide range of voltages- since the standard electronic circuit has
components with a 10% tolerance, I don't think you have anything to worry
about. I use the PX625 1.5 volt batteries in my Gossen Luna Pro and it
agrees perfectly with my R7's meter.
I had my MR meter done by QLM and I don't know if they adjusted the circuit,
but it works just fine with the 1.5 volt batteries.
My suggestion is to try them and check the readings against a meter which
has been calibrated, of is of known quality.
Dan
dwpost@msn.com