Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaflex SL
From: "dan states" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 08:14:54 PST

It is a good choice, and should be readily available for around 500 for
the camera and lens.  Watch out for shutter inacuracy at the 1/1000 and
1/2000 speeds.  These cameras are very prone to "tapering" at those
settings. Getting this fixed could really add to the cost tremendously.
Also, these cameras were designed to take Mercury batteries, which are
no longer available.  The substitutes on the market are not a great
alternative, as they cause the meter to respond strangely in bright
light.  Check the condition of the mirror carefully also.  Stains or
cracks should turn you off.

That is about all the scary news I can think of..If she really likes
photography she will love the camera.  The images from the combination
you are refering to will be of the highest quality.

Good luck
Dan