Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaflex SL
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 06:34:47 -0800

Hoyen ~simontart~ wrote:

> Hi LUGgers,
>
> My girlfriend wants to take an introductory photo class this semester
> (yahoo!!!) and naturally turned to me for advice on what manual SLR to
> get.  Naturally, since I already use an M6, I've decided to remain loyal
> to the Red Dot and try to be economical at the same time (no easy task).
> I have in mind the Leicaflex SL because it has TTL metering.  I will
> also get her a 50mm Summicron-R.  Is this a good idea?  Anyone have any
> further suggestions?  Also, how much would such a combination go for?
> Of course, if anyone has a set for sale, please let me know!  Thanks!

Sounds great to me if she can afford it.  In good condition they run
500-600 USD.  If she really likes it the 2 cam lenses sell pretty
reasonable. If she decides to sell later the resale value will be much
better, porportionally, than most other cameras.

OTHO, if she decides to step up to an R8!!! the $$$$ are big.

Dennis