Subject: Re: [Leica] was a picture a day!...forget it!!!
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 11:32:19 -0500

- --------------76230FADF714F734E3AB611B

Ted Grant wrote:
SNIP

> Actually I don't give a flying hoop if anyone does anything about it or
> not. It appears some of you would have great difficulty working on a
> newspaper when you are given the "Enterprise picture of the day"
> assignment.
>
> The enterprise assignment at a newspaper is "loved or hated" by staff
> photographers simply because, those with not too much gray matter can't do
> a shot without every tiddly little thing spelled out for them,  much like
> we see here.  Where other photographers love it for the freedom to shoot
> what they want as they have the eyes to see "meaningful things" and come
> back with a picture that makes front page or back page! But these are the
> ones who see meaningful things to satisfy themselves without asking the
> reason, "Why an what is this for?"

SNIP

> Ted Grant
> This is Our Work. The Legacy of Sir William Osler.
> http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Ted,

The word "enterprise" reminded me how much I loved getting those
assignments. Although they were always standing assignments no matter
what. If you're out and you see something interesting shoot it. If
things were slow all you had to do was say you were going out to shoot
enterprise and it was license to do what you love and get paid for it.
This PAD, PAW, PAY project brings back that fond reminiscence. Thanks
for refreshing that word in my thoughts.

Carl Socolow
- --------------76230FADF714F734E3AB611B

begin:vcard
n:Socolow;Carl