Subject: Re: [Leica] good book on WWII
From: Bill Grimwood <bgrim@garply.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 09:35:11 -0600

Harrison I read this book also as I am a WWII history buff.  The author
Stephen Ambrose has written several books about WWII, all of which are good.

I highly recommend "Undaunted Courage" also by Mr. Ambrose, about the Lewis
and Clark expedition.

While the subject has been German War cameras we probably all need to look
in our closets before we try to impose our conscience on someone else.  I
am English, Scotch and Irish on my fathers side who faught each other for
centuries and German on my mothers side of the family.  I had relatives on
both sides of the War of Northern Aggression (Civil War) and on both sides
of WWII.  If we look at our history none of us can point a finger at
someone else.  We just need to do what we can to prevent crimes like these
from happening again.

Bill