Subject: Re: [Leica] the new kid on the block and question #1
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 18:14:47 -0500

At 02:38 PM 1999-01-04 -0700, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>As your new to this you'll find much background of some of what I'm
>saying and much needed info from Erwin Puts who is on the list and has a
>website. He has an article on the 90's. Opposed to his and my opinions
>on the state of the 90's are others on this list who just love their
>little tele-elmarit's.

Mark

You might want to re-read Erwin's comments on the skinny Tele-Elmarit.
He's not nearly as negative as you seem to think he is.  It is arguably
Leica's finest 90mm lens until the current 2.8/90.

I have a skinny Tele-Elmarit.  I have a collapsible 4/90, which I love.  I
have a current 2.8/90 Elmarit.  I have a current 2/90.  I have used every
Leica permutation of the 90mm length, including a brief spate with a
three-element 4/90.  I love 'em all, as this is, mayhaps, my first choice
in focal lengths.  But the current 2.8/90 IS the best -- my shots of the
late and lamented Charming Cindy proved that to me!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!