Subject: Odp: [Leica] Summicron cleaning marks.
From: "Krzysztof Szecowka" <szecowka@ch.wssk.wroc.pl>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 20:12:14 +0100

I have one R summicron 50 mm with literal holes in its front element. I have
bought it as a bargain - ca. 200 $. Before I bought it I made a roll of film
using this lens and then ordered 20x30 cm prints. They were brilliant and
contrasty with no trace of the holes. The only problem is that I will
probably never resell this lens as it looks horrible. However you should
avoid the lenses with miriads of cleaning marks wich may work as a softening
filter.

Chris