Subject: Re: [Leica] Let's Talk Netiquette
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 09:10:02 -0600 (CST)

Hello,
Am I the only one that notices that a third of the posts to this
or any reflector are bitching about someone else's post?  Not that
I care, that's why there's a delete button.

If you don't have the time to scan the posts, then don't.  You must
be very busy.  I for one scan each post for things I MIGHT be
interested in.   Photo, Leica, politics, whatever.  As for topic,
HOW LONG CAN YOU TALK ABOUT WRIST STRAPS?  OR METERS?  for God's
sake, those of us in photography (few, it seems) resolved that
crap years ago.

BTW, anyone familiar with Leica M construction will advise NOT
to use a wrist strap, either on the bottom plate OR on one
strap lug.  Period.  Neither is strong enough.  You'll bend the
tripod socket or pull the lug out. Eventually.  Forget about it.
BUT I'm not saying to drop the thread.  It's your right. It's
stupid, but carry on.
AND PUT WHATEVER SUBJECT LINE YOU WANT ON IT>

So now I'm guilty, as I don't even know what subject line this
post has on it...... or care.  If you don't have time to surf/lurk
the group, then don't.  It ain't business, folks, time don't matter,
and if it does, you need to be doing something else.

CU,
Walt

On
Sun,