Subject: Re: [Leica] FS: 2 Mint Leica R ROM lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 17:14:26 -0600

>can likely be hand-held at 2 to 3 stops slower than the 100/2.8
>on a reflex, making it comparable to an f/1.4 or faster reflex lens, as
>is also the case with its dim-light focussing ease.

That is if the subject isn't moving. One reason to have wider apertures is
to use a faster shutter speed. A lot of good it will do to use an
"equivalent" of 1.4 in a 2.8 lens if at the same time the shutter speed is
the equivalent of 1/15 sec. instead of 1/60. One of the many, many issues
to struggle with.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

According to my calculations, the problem doesn't exist.