Subject: RE: [Leica] IMAX team expedition of Everest...
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 12:33:10 -0000

Gerald,
If you were unaware, the lenses used by the IMAX team were most likely
produced at the ex-Leitz Midland factory, also the projection lens which
showed you the film.
I talked to the National Museum of Photography, Film and Television in
Bradford (England) some years back. They had just replaced their IMAX
projection lens, it had cost them 24,000 pounds if I remember correctly.
I probably haven't (remembered correctly) but it was a staggerring price!

Jem