Subject: [Leica] Re: ilford xp2 super iso rating
From: nfrnkish@dux4.tcd.ie (Neil Frankish)
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 11:05:21 +0100

The local mini lab that I use puts B&W paper into the machine for XP2. Is
this special paper that can be developed by the colour minilab? When I'm
the results are excellent.

Neil Frankish

Dan Post wrote:

It looks like 'real' B&W film and on our color printer it prints like a B&W
film! My suggestion now to customers is that if you want B&W and must use a
color lab, use the KODAK film.
If you want quick negatives from any minilab, then XP2 is your film,
especially if you print it on B&W paper.
 We have found that in order to get a good semblance to B&W with XP2 on a
color printer, we put a unexposed but developed frame of 120 NPS film over
the diffuser box, and print on the FUJI channel!!
You might suggest that to your processor if they care enough to try for a
good rendition of B&W