Subject: Re: [Leica] VODGA: SCOTCH's BETTER!:)
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 10:59:20 -0800

>At 09:31 PM 1998-11-17 -0800, Bob wrote:
>>Believe it or not - but I have salvaged a camera (not leica) and an
>>electronic watch by rinsing in Vodga.>>>>>>

Jeeeeeesh!! Bob, I hope you drank a bunch of it first! :)

Marc wrote:

>What be this "vodga"?  Is this stuff better than Sharpo for what ails us
>all?  Or is "vodga" just how one spells "vodka" after an evening of
>sampling the various octane-ratings of Sharpo or whatever it is that Ted
>Grant imbibes?  (Well, we all KNOW Ted, the LUG Nestor, actually drinks
>Geritol by the carton, but, please, let's be kind!)>>>>>>>>>>

Hey com'on Marc, I've just had a bad few days and it had nothing to do with
cameras!

However, I have really really learned my lesson about fiddling with
computers, installing things, upgrading or whatever else one can do with
them other than pound on the keys and I'll never ever do anything but turn
the damn thing on or off and pound keys!  ever ever ever again!

The instructions in the box never do what it says and if they do, as soon
as it is part way "loaded" up comes another little box with new thingies
you have no idea what the hell they are and then you click the wrong
thingie, in yer face everything just stops and sits there like a cold
concrete block!

Undaunted I had a fine single malt to build my nerve and prepared to use my
M6 via neck strap to beat the hell out of the computer.  When good
assistant Sandy said, "Why don't you have another!"  Smiled her sweet smile
and poured another. Best thing that ever happened to that damn machine!

Next best thing was listening to Sandy who wisely said, "How be after you
finish "THAT ONE!" :)  We take the computer to the shop before we have to
do that "AND SEND AN M6 TO BE REPAIRED!" Seemed like a wise move. :)

So, after a couple of days on scotch to ease computer withdrawl, the
machine is back like new! And I didn't have to beat it wih the M6!

I on the other hand, have taken an "oath of Computer Celebacy!" to never
touch it again unless in the company of Sandy (she knows all the good
computer stuff):)  I like the part about the scotch myself ;) so I'm back
and welcomed by some 400 plus postings!

My goodness we've been a challenging LEICA bunch for the past few days!
Rattlesnaking, Chevy & Ford trucking, SOFTLY RELIEVING YOURSELVES, filter
flaming, LUG diseasing and playing doctor!

So what do hear on new scotch brands? :) :) Of course Single malt, chaps!:)

I just thought I'd throw this in for good measure.....Leica stuff!!!!

Just received the re-chargable "power pack" and charger for the R8 winder,
fits like a well made pair of gloves. It gives the camera a better
balance,..... "albeit weight!" But after a few days handling I'll be able
to let you know the feel factor a little better. Ouch heavier!

Now to Marc!!!!!!!! :)

<<<<<(Well, we all KNOW Ted, the LUG Nestor, actually drinks Geritol by the
carton, but, please, let's be kind!)>>>>>>>>>

One of these days............! Bam! A Geritol carton on the side of the head!:)

Empty of course!

Naw the Geritol doesn't do anything, you have to take on a load of DHEA
everyday! Keeps the old lad hopping around like a teen ager carrying all
them Leica's! :)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant