Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: UV filters and stairway to heaven
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 10:00:55 -0500

> So you are saying that education should be out and censorship
> should be in?
>
> Do technical discussions make you un-easy?
>
> Jim

Jim - Having myself touched off an FFS (Filter Fire Storm) when I joined the
LUG, let me say that while I think the technical discussions are great, a
modified version of the Stairway To Heaven rule might not be bad. Why not a
very brief, standardized, summary of the two points of view that can be sent
in automatic response to any question about UV filters as "protection?" The
discussion is always the same. The responses are always the same. The
viewpoints never - well virtually never - change. And both view points are
valid.

Just a thought... :-)