Subject: Re: [Leica] To Filter or Not?
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:25:48 EST

I believe that this issue is easily resolved by each photographer for
himself with a simple test-film of identical shots with and without a UV
filter.  Shoot backlit, frontlit, sidelit, etc.; indoors, outdoors...any
kind of shot you might encounter.  Judge the results for yourself.  There
are simply too many outstanding, acclaimed, published photographers out
there of diametrically opposing opinion on the UV controversy, with no
clear plurality that I have been able to discern.  Perhaps Erwin will run
an MTF test for us!

Regards,
Nigel

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998 13:44:16 -0000 Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
writes:

>So my verdict ends up with :
>1.	Don't bother on the latest lenses (if your warranty is still
>valid)
>2.	Take a safer option with those older lenses

>Jem

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]