Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Archive search engine
From: Michael Garmisa <elmar@nyct.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:19:14 -0500

At 02:00 PM 11/17/98 -0700, you wrote:
>If you ever find yourself "in the news", there is a good chance a journalist
>may check to see what you have said in the past on the internet. Like it or
>not, it is out there in public (and I personally happen to think there are
>some big problems with invasion of privacy and dissemination of personal
>information on the internet - the trouble is that we tend to make
>assumptions about what is "private" - etiquette doesn't usually seem to come
>into it).
> Tim A

To call a person who would do such a thing a journalist is really
stretching the definition of the word.  Looking up what someone supposedly
said on a newsgroup and taking it as truth is extremely unethical.  Its the
equivant of the "journalist" getting a letter dropped on their desk
anonymously which says that someone said something and then accepting it as
true.  To keep this lug related that "journalist" might be a
photojournalist who uses leica equipment.

- --
Michael Garmisa <elmar@nyct.net>