Subject: Re: [Leica] Let's Play Doctor!
From: Thomas Pastorello <tmp@mailbox.syr.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 15:14:44 -0500 (EST)

I too had the flare-look-alike problem with an older M6 -- just as
described by people below.  However, I'm sure it wasn't a body leak
problem.  I believe it was a shutter problem.  I say this because during
the time of the problem the shutter made a very light "boing" or bounce
sound.  Leica NJ fixed it on their second try.  The first time they
thought they fixed it but both the "flare" and the noise continued to be
present.  I returned it to them and pointed out the noise. They then truly
fixed the problem and the noise was gone too.  There was no charge the 2nd
time around -- but I'm distressed that they needed two tries and never
told me what was wrong.    Tom P.