Subject: RE: [Leica] flash & v/finder
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 16:15:10 -0000

Lucien,
Not a bad idea, though the concept of a whole flash unit suspended on top of
a w/a finder is quite dramatic!
I regret now sending only the Canon Vt previously to Solms, the last of the
Canons (7) had a 1:1 viewfinder which showed 35mm frames (as well as others)
so that combination is certainly possible. I've the opinion that Leica might
think it beyond them at the moment...

I've been searching for a 28mm v/finder for a friend for the last month, the
cheapest I've seen was 149 pounds, some were up to 350! Then last weekend I
found an old Zeiss version, rather rough but on offer for only 3 pounds! I
told the dealer I couldn't pay that price and promptly gave him a ten pound
note, he was very happy, I was very happy and I should finish the
restoration tonight. Cleaning the elements and repainting the black interior
surfaces,  it will be quite servicable and not that far from Leitz quality
either, certainly worth the cost saving!

Jem