Subject: [Leica] *Finding* MTF charts
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 04:57:33 -0500

At 17 Nov 1998 08:05:28 +0100, Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
wrote:

> All this talk about whether Kodachrome or Fuji Velvia is best and how to
> evaluate them, especially Erwin's last post with the conclusion "MTF
> charts are the way", inspired me to grab a couple of data sheets and
> look at the MTF charts [...] For instance, in the curve for Fuji
> Provia (and Sensia) I see [...]

Where do you get this stuff for the stinkin' Fuji film?  Fuji's web-site has
always frustrated the hell out of me -- lots of little anecdotal press-release
type stuff, but no nice mine of hard data.  Would that they were all like
Agfa!  Great, consistently-arranged archive of datasheets with consistent
reporting conventions!  And Kodak has a lot of good stuff stirred in with a
lot of useless stuff, but what they report has changed over time, making
comparisons difficult.

Fuji's web, though, seems essentially content-free, and Ilford's published
data sheets are long on verbalizing and short on sensitometric meat.  Clearly
I'm not looking in the right places.

Or did you find MTF curves for Fuji film in... (Gasp!) some evil paper-only
form?

 -Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>