Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 13:04:01 EST

Roger:

I am not going to help you any.  I have had my Nocto for several months and
the first pictures that I took with it were of the inside of our home while it
was under construction.  It was dark and I was using 400 ISO Fuji Color Print.
I was shocked when I got the pictures back from the lab because they looked
like they were made in daylight.  Unbelievable.

The second group that I took were made with 3200 TMax inside a coliseum.
There were bright lights from the ceiling and I was shooting at 1/250.  I
really could have used film in the 1000-1600 ISO range.   Also, on the same
roll were pictures of the family in our living room which had the most
wonderful natural look to them.  I was shooting at 1/50 at F1.0 with these.
There was incredible detail in the shadows.

The 50mm focal length is not one of my favorites but this one is a
keeper....big time.

Tell your wife that you have figured out a way to save money by not having to
purchase a flash for your camera.  I can't imagine a need for the new TTL.

Good Luck,

Bob

<< Boy, is my wife getting ticked at you people! As a result of posts
 like these along with Ted's unabashed love for this lens, I'm now
 lusting, big time.

 It wasn't even on my want list a few months ago. Now, it's way
 up near the top!

 --
 Roger
 mailto:roger@beamon.org