Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Topic - Old Books (was Pros and Leica sales)
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 21:48:24 -0600

Dan Post wrote:

> BD-
> Christopher Koch wrote A Year of Living Dangerously- I checked with
> AMAZON.COM and it appears his three novels are out of print... if you find
> your copy- mebbe we could pass it around!? :)

Probably everybody knows about Amazon.com today, but they're mostly for
new books.  Our local Waldenbooks recently gave me ABEBOOKS.COM (it's
American Book Exchange, not a subsidiary of Abe's of Maine) as a good
Web source for out of print (used) books.  It is hooked into dozens of
used book dealers around the US and, at least with the couple of titles
I've tried, gives you a lot of choices (with prices) from fully-used
paperback with cracked spine to like-new hardback signed by author.  You
contact the appropriate dealer directly about a particular book, but the
system gives you a pretty good idea as to who to contact.

I'm passisng this on only because this wasn't the first thread that
discussed an out of print book, and I don't recall seeing much mention
of likely sources.

Cheers,
Kip