Subject: [Leica] M6 & Flash and R problems
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 14:17:36 -0600

Saturday, Saturday, November 14, 1998, Bill Welch wrote:

> Gads, I've just admitted to using flash with a Leica. Yikes. I don't do it
> much.

Bill,

I  have been using my M6 more than formerly and have been using it for
flash  photography,  not  on  camera  but multiple location strobes, and
REALLY like it.  Seeing the flash fire is really nice.

2 reasons for my increased use of the M6

1.   Got  the  Noctilux  so  I know have 3 lenses from 28 - 90 and can
shoot the majority of the things I shoot with these focal lengths.

2.  My  R8  is  STILL  in the shop. Part of me is really regretting my
switch  to  Leica.  I  am  having  the devil of a time keeping working
cameras around. My Leica R stuff has been into the shop as much in the
last year as my Canon was in 5 years. The canon stuff went in for user
mistakes like dropping the damn thing, the Leica for things like a new
shutter,  180  coming  unscrewed, R8 electrical problems... these have
kept  the R8  in the shop for at least 1/2 of the time since the middle of
September.

I  just  hope these things with the R6 and 180 (new shutter and 180 coming
unscrewed)  were  simply  because  I bought like new used and now that
they have been fixed they will work for years to come.

The  R8 problem is inexcusable, IMHO.

Best regards,
 Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com
mailto:hmcclary@earthlink.net

Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.